I had my private lesson this evening- my last lesson before the two weeks of greed and gluttony that is the Christmas period! I was really looking forward to it, I love my private lesson, as I have said before, getting the one-to-one attention is really amazing.
However, I started to feel a bit queasy and mildly faint so I had to have a short time out half way through..... I was so annoyed with myself, but it was the last remnants of my blasted cold that was rearing its ugly head! I used to faint a reasonable amount as a teen so am well rehearsed at feeling a faint coming on! :-)
Anyway... we focused on camels and backwards camels (that's not the real name, I don't know the proper name..)- you know when roll the belly and the hips back into your body- the other way around to the camel... I love working these muscles and I think these 'moves' look particularly ace, so I like to practice them, although I'm sure there will be a little bit of a muscle ache tomorrow! I am managing to get lower and lower whilst doing these 'moves', we also concentrated on leaning back a little bit more- a recipe for some inelegant wobbling on my part!
I am going to practice these 'moves' over the Christmas holiday because I think my lack of fitness and muscle strength are really holding me back at the moment so hopefully repetition will help me regain some proper strength- plus I love the feeling of having good core power- makes things much easier (even walking down the stairs of a moving bus in London town!) and you just feel a bit more indestructible when dancing and in life!
Anyway, I am away to pack my things for the return to the parents for Christmas.....I am of course packing my jingle-jangle belt to help me practice :-)
Tuesday, 22 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment