Sunday, 11 October 2009

We're back!

We had our first bellydance lesson back after the summer break on Saturday, and it was GREAT to be back. It was great to catch up with everyone,but most of all it was great to get back to dancing!

Everyone was so excited to be back the energy in the studio was amazing, and our teacher played some of the new songs she brought back from her visit home to Morocco, they went down really, really well. Our class is all about the traditional Arabic music rather than the pop-Arabic music which always surprises our teacher, but I personally think the sound is just so much richer and it allows you (well, me anyway!) to get into 'character' a lot easier and I think I dance better too.

I got a chance to try out my new veil when we did out little solo 30 seconds- it worked a treat! It's a lovely deep purple colour which matches my belt, so it's a breakthrough for me that I actually match and look half decent! I love using a veil, it's so feminine and it can make simple moves look so elegant, and it also adds a little bit of mystery which every woman has to love! It went really well today but that is definitely not always the case- sometimes it goes VERY wrong and I get all caught up in it, but it's definitely something I want to improve on because it just looks so elegant.

We also did a bit of group choreography, I ended up trying to think of things to do because my group weren't exactly forthcoming with ideas, the final little dance was nothing at all to write home about but at least no-one messed up. I have real problems thinking up interesting things to do for the group choreography, I suppose I don't have that great an imagination. I definitely want to work on it, because I can't be in the worse group every week! The ideas just don't seem to come to me that quickly!

Anyway, all in all it was a great lesson back and I loved seeing everyone again! Saturday is the only group lesson I am going to be able to take this year, normally I would go on Monday's as well, but I have university on Monday evenings this year.... I am very sad about this but, I suppose I will have to live with it!

No comments: